For information about Hannah Rothschild, for whom that settlement was named after - click here
The Moshava Pardes Hanna Karkur located in the northern Sharon area, is a community of 30,000 residents.
The Pardes Hanna land (now part of Pardes Hanna Karkur ) was acquired in 1913 by a group of Jews from England and Russia and immediately was held by guards and workers, and only in 1926 Karkur (now part of Pardes Hanna Karkur) started to develop into a community.
By 1927 the community had 300 people, and in 1929 it was officially founded by the "Pika" company from western Karkur.
Moshava Pardes Hanna which is part of Pardes Hanna Karkur was named for Hanna, the daughter of Natan Rothschild, of the English faction of the Rothschild family.
The Moshavot early days were based on an economy of citrus fruits and after on a varied economy, of labor and industry.
It was founded in the days of the British mandate, in the area of large army camps that were used as transit camps to new immigrants after the establishment of the state.
In 1969 the communities of Karkur and Pardes Hanna merged into one Moshava called Pardes Hanna Karkur.
Source of information:
For information about the woman for whom that settlement was named after: